Afternoon all, I've been playing around with All Lit Up an Emma Canning digi over the last couple of days. I coloured it in with my Graph its and matted it onto a larger embossed, inked and glittered oval. for the background I stamped some snowflakes onto white card and embossed it with polkadots, inked the edges and matted onto some matching card stock. I then wrapped a iridescent ribbon around and matted it on to a card blank. Added my topper, greeting a bow & a snowflake.
I'd like to enter this card into digi choosday challenge.
Tuesday, 22 October 2013
Sunday, 20 October 2013
I had a few people on the social media sites asking me to do a tutorial for last weeks Polkadoodles DT Challenge piece so here goes. I'm hoping it's easy enough to follow.
1. You will need 4 pieces of identical card stock, each measuring 10 x 20 cm
2. Now you need to score 5cm from each end of each piece of card stock. So you will have a score line at 5cm and another at 15cm. Then lay 2 pieces of the scored card horizontally (see above photo)
3. Now you need to add your adhesive of choice, for quickness I used the strong, double sided red tape but you could use wet glue but obviously you will need to have patience.......
4. Okay just be a little careful here as if using tape you will have no room for correction, you need to place the last two pieces of card stock squarely onto the taped pieces but this time portrait, make sure when you place it down the corners all square up too each other.
5. You should then be left with a card that to me looks like an H. Basically thats it! I did tell you it was simple its just knowing how to put it together, now all you do is go ahead and decorate as you'd like. I just make sure when I add the backing papers I cut them 0.5 cm smaller than the section of card I'm placing it on just so there is a neat little border around the edge.
6. The finished card! You can raised the toppers up a little to give a 3D effect but obviously not too high as it will cause problems when turning the card.
You Tube has been a naughty boy today but hopefully my video will work. Give it a go, thanks for stopping by x
Friday, 18 October 2013
Monday, 14 October 2013
.......Actually I think there's about 9 but a girl's gotta start somewhere. This cute digi is a fab downloadable from Polkadoodles and I coloured her (and the cat) with a combination of alcohol markers as my Graph'its are still a work in progress. I made the backing paper in my graphics programme using the spiderweb digi also from Polkadoodles I inked thru a chicken wire stencil on two corners and then around the edges with black soot distress ink. I then matted onto some grey card stock added a little silky crush ribbon and then added my matted image & topped it off with the cat.
I'd like to enter this card into Shades Of Grey on the Graph it challenge blog
Thanks so much for stopping by, I really do appreciate your comments x
Friday, 4 October 2013
I think Autumn is my favourite season. You can still get the warm days and the colour of the landscape is just gorgeous all those orange, reds and golds anyway I digress this week challenge over at Polkadoodle Blog is Autumn and when I was going thru the cds I opted for this delightful scarecrow and sunflower digis from Sundae of Seasons I coloured them all with my alcohol markers. I combined my coloured digi's with the pre coloured fences from Bonbon Belles. I printed off the sentiment also from Bonbon Belles I then made a quick background using Pan Pastels on top of which I layered up my scene. I then mat and layered it all up onto an 8 x 8 inch card.
Thanks for stopping by!
Thanks for stopping by!